Metrasens Ferroguard products are deployed at MRI facilities in hospitals and outpatient clinics. The Field Service Manager will be responsible for managing high profile installation projects for our Ferroguard products. Project planning takes place at least 6 weeks before installation and is crucial to a success. Up to 10 projects at a time are in progress. Up to 2 field service engineers and a trainer are typically required to execute installation. The Field Service Manager is heavily involved with communication with the install team, customer and 3rd party contractors. Professional communication skills are of utmost priority.
- As the point of contact for customers, the Field Services Manager leads, coordinates and schedules and manages progress of multiple projects of varying scope. Communicates effectively to all levels of customer and company contacts.
- Manages and monitors field service team performance in conjunction with director of service and customer service manager.
- Hosts conference calls in a professional manner in order facilitate successful planning of customer purchased product.
- Provides highly skilled technical advice and assistance to customers, 3rd party contractors and end users.
- Responds to inquiries about projects.
- Chairs various project review and pre-submittal meetings.
- Keeps rigorous record keeping in Sales Force and other systems to ensure progress of jobs and payment of commissions.
- Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties.
- Travels onsite when needed for installations (peak volume), planning and team coordination.
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Project management – multiple projects consecutively – Interface with end users, Contractors and Customer PM
- Technical ability understanding basic trades: Electrical; General maintenance / carpentry
Manages and directs the field service engineers to ensure a quality job is completed properly and on schedule consistent with company policies.
10% – 20% during high demand periods.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical project management or technical diploma w/equivalent experience. At least 3 years of project coordination experience, or other combination of management of projects, field service staff, scheduling technical resources.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Biomed equipment, Electrical Industry experience
Additional Preferred Eligibility Qualifications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Salesforce
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites.
It is the policy of Metrasens, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Metrasens, Inc. will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.