Webinar: IAHSS Security Design Guidelines –
What’s New in the 3rd Edition Update?
The International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) has just released the 3rd edition of its Security Design Guidelines for Healthcare Facilities. These new guidelines provide an update on aspects of the 2nd edition, and provide new guidance for emerging areas within the healthcare environment, including:
- Stand-alone emergency departments
- Urgent care and surgical care facilities
- Residential long-term care facilities
- Emergency department based behavioral health facilities
Join us for a high-level overview of the changes in this new document, plus the opportunity for live Q&A about the document’s contents and its practical application.
Tom Smith, CHPA, CPP
President & Principal Consultant
Healthcare Security Consultants, Inc.
Tom has worked in the healthcare field since 1981. During this time, he held a number of positions in a variety of healthcare facilities including a community hospital, inner city medical center, and a large teaching university based health care system. These organizations provided a variety of experiences working with many different healthcare security models including contract security, proprietary security, and an in-house police department. He is now President and Principal Consultant at Healthcare Security Consultants, Inc.
Tom is a past President of the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS). In 2011, Tom chaired an IAHSS Task Force creating Security Design Guidelines for Health Care Facilities.
Tom is member of the IAHSS Guidelines Council, member of the ASIS Healthcare Security Council, and The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) and is a frequent guest speaker on healthcare security related topics.
- Webinar – 20 Years of MRI Safety: Lessons on the Journey to 2021 and Beyond
- MRI SAFETY TALKS PODCAST: EPISODE #9 IMAGING SAFELY WITH COVID-19 – U.K. PERSPECTIVES
- LIVE Q&A WITH Dr. EMANUEL KANAL – MRI IMPLANT SAFETY
- ON-DEMAND WEBINAR- KANAL’S MRI SAFETY TALK: MRI IMPLANT SAFETY
- On-Demand Webinar -Plan your next MRI project safely with the new VA Design Guide