Have you and your colleagues completed your Joint Commission required annual MRI Safety training yet this year? Join this webinar with MRI Safety expert Tobias Gilk to make sure you keep up-to-date with MRI Safety essentials.
The subject matter covered in this webinar will include:
- Nature of risk management
- Seven elements of TJC required annual MRI safety training
- Patient screening
- Positioning for burn prevention
- Proper equipment for MR environment
- Code procedures
- Power-off vs. quench
- Hearing protection
- Patient anxiety/claustrophobia
- Facility minimum MRI safety requirements
- MRI safety QI standards for ferromagnetic intrusions
Metrasens’ host for this webinar will be MRI Safety Educator and Trainer, Alan Heffron.
Live webinar eligible for 1.0 Category A CE Credit. Must attend for at least 40 minutes.
Tobias Gilk, MArch, MRSO (MRSC™), MRSE (MRSC™)
Founding Principal, Gilk Radiology Consultants
Consultant to Metrasens
Tobias is both an American Board of MR Safety (ABMRS) certified MR Safety Officer (MRSO) and MR Safety Expert (MRSE). He is an architect and an independent consultant. He is a member of the American College of Radiology’s (ACR) MRI Safety Committee and is a named author of the ACR’s 2020 Manual on MR Safety. He has developed numerous codes and standards for the planning and design of MRI facilities, and has written hundreds of articles and papers on MRI safety, accidents, and risk-management. Tobias is a founding Board member and past Chair of the ABMRS.
Alan Heffron, RT (R)(CT)(MR),CRA,MRSO
MRI Safety Trainer
Alan Heffron serves as Metrasens Safety Trainer. Alan comes from a technical and managerial background and has served as administrator, chief technologist and staff technologist for over 30 years. Alan is responsible for training and education of Metrasens customers and employees. He holds credentials as a Certified Radiology Administrator as well as a Registered MRI Safety Officer.
- MRI Safety Week 2021: 5 Key Resources for Excellence in MRI Safety
- MRI Safety Essentials: Understanding & Applying the Joint Commission’s Annual Training Requirements
- Our Products Save Lives. Our People Change Lives.
- Sharing and Gaining Knowledge from a Career in Corrections
- National Correctional Officers Week 2021: A Commitment to Officer Safety