SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This position will assume responsibility for the sales of Metrasens ferromagnetic detection systems to defined customers within the central region of the United States. Additional responsibilities include all aspects of the sales process.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Close new business with new and existing customers to meet or exceed the sales quota assigned for the territory.
- Create Sales Plan for the territory. The plan will contain both qualitative and quantitative information and provide the Regional Sales Manager with the information to capture all available Sales opportunities in the territory. The Sales Plan will be updated annually and executed throughout the year.
- All aspects of the sales process, including:
- Prospecting and identification of potential customers.
- Creating/managing existing/new customer relationships.
- Arranging and conducting product demonstrations.
- Participating in trade exhibitions/conferences.
- Creating quotations to customers/prospects.
- Contributing to major proposals for the territory.
- Managing the Sales forecast for the territory.
- Participate in product/sales skills training as required.
- Participate/contribute to internal Sales meetings.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Metrasens’ health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum five years of experience and demonstrated success in Sales/Marketing or Business Development in the B2B marketplace.
- Experience selling in the commercial, civil, corrections, courts and sub-federal government markets preferred but not required.
- Experience with sales and marketing within a related and disciplined sales environment.
- Experience selling high-technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, data-driven and proactive approach to managing a Sales territory
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers/prospects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present information in front of a large group
- Will be required to travel domestically on average 50%-75% of the month
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans
- Ability to work independently
- Deal with different personalities and overcome communication barriers
Individual’s primary workstation may be in an office setting or at home office. Individual will travel frequently and work at internal Metrasens office, customer and/or prospects’ office or at trade shows.